Sunday, April 30, 2023

Kenny Wheeler

'Gnu High' from jazz trumpet and flugelhorn player, Kenny Wheeler. On vinyl. A 2023 reissue of a 1976 release on ECM Records. Part of their new Luminessence Series, reissuing classic recordings from their extensive catalogue. The gatefold sleeve includes fascinating liner notes, an extra that as far as I know, ECM has never done, at least to this degree, with its records. 

It was waiting on my doorstep yesterday. I don't know which is more exciting. Finding it in random searching of record store bins or having it delivered and waiting my return? 

And now I'm becoming obsessed with collecting Kenny Wheeler recordings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...