Friday, January 13, 2023

Today's Vinyl Finds

Hit the road again, ending up in Albany Oregon and within thirty seconds of walking in the door of the record shop, found another Gordon Bok album on vinyl to go with the other that I found two or three months ago in Corvallis. 

Titled; 'Peter Kagan and the Wind' from 1971. I had never seen these records in over half a century of record collecting. It feels like finding hidden treasure.





A few minutes later, I came across, 'Wade In the Water' by Ramsey Lewis from 1966, on Cadet Records. 

I've said this before, but I love the cover photos and design of records from the 1960's. I might have to create a section on my shelves specifically for these. 

From the All Music Guide review: .... "this record evokes its era indelibly."








And then, 'Dance' by the Paul Motian Trio. From 1978. On ECM Records ..... I love finding these ECM recordings from the 1970's and 80's. Perhaps I'm nearing completist status. 

Fact: I had a longtime question answered recently. Does ECM stand for anything? Turns out it stands for, Edition of Contemporary Music.





I walked away feeling pretty good about my record shopping haul. These three records, two Mary Lou Lord compact discs and a Pink Floyd pin, the cover image from The Division Bell album, for $21. Afterwards, stopping at a seafood place for a delicious bowl of clam chowder, all making it an enjoyable vacation day taken from work. (Even if I had to have blood drawn in the morning.) All days should be like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...