Monday, January 16, 2023

Paging Mr. Proust

'Paging Mr. Proust' by The Jayhawks. From 2016.

One of my desert island discs, albums. I've loved every listen, every YouTube video. Full of great songs, harmonies and hooks. In another time, I'd like to think it would have generated. multiple radio hits. You know, a time when there was such things. 

I hear Beatles influences throughout.

To this day, I'm still hearing things that I didn't hear before. Something else to love about it.

If someone were to ask me for an album from the last ten years to purchase, I'd point them to this record. Highly recommended. If I haven't been clear with my opinion, in my eyes, this is an all-time classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...