Tuesday, October 18, 2022

On Vacation Playlist

Just one of my weirdo playlists. One song leading to another for no particular reason other than the song popping into my head, maybe because of a note or single word in the lyrics or a split-second feeling. Or maybe just because, I'm staying home from work this week?
  • The Bats - Rooftops / Diamonds
  • Jesse McReynolds - Standing On the Moon .... The old Grateful Dead song.
  • John Mellencamp - Key West Intermezzo (I Saw You First) .... The first time I heard it, I didn't like it. Why? Well because I was narrow minded, and it marked a change in what I was expecting from Mellencamp. Thankfully, I got over my little hissy snob fit rather quickly.
  • Robert Palmer - One Last Look .... I keep returning to this song. Can't stray away for too long.
  • Todd Rundgren - Hello It's Me .... My old college roommate hooked me on Todd, forty-five years ago. Thanks, Kent!!
  • Little Feat - Roll Um Easy .... "Play that concertina, be a temptress, and baby I'm defenseless."
  • Clifton Chenier - Wherever You Go .... Had me up on my feet and bouncing around the room. I then messaged my friend who plays the accordion, that she needs to form a Zydeco band.
  • David Bowie - Blue Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...