Monday, October 17, 2022

Do You Believe In Miracles?

So, I received a notification on FB that a post from a few weeks ago had received a 'like' and thought to myself: "Why didn't I make that posting here?" 

'The Nightfly' by Donald Fagen of Steely Dan fame. From 1982 on vinyl. I've had it for years on compact disc.

I was in an out-of-town record store recently that I had just discovered and had flipped through all the Jazz records and was about to pay and go home when I thought: "Check the F's in rock."  I've been looking for this on vinyl for quite some time. It had taken up grail status for me. I didn't want to buy it online, I wanted to find it out there while wandering around the aisles of record stores. So, at that moment, I looked up from the spot I was standing in preparing to pivot and proceed to the rock section, ..... and there it was!!! Right there on the wall above the spot where I stood!! And at, what I thought, was a very reasonable price.

Apparently, not all my luck is bad luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...