Sunday, January 3, 2021

1972 Playlist

Had a particular year come to mind. A playlist of what I might have been listening to on any given day in 1972. .... That's if I can recall. It was only forty-nine years ago.

  • Jackson Browne - Rock Me On the Water
  • Neil Young - Needle and the Damage Done
  • Poco - I Can See Everything
  • Gordon Lightfoot - Second Cup of Coffee .... People overlook what a great songwriter he was.
  • Carole King - Come Down Easy
  • It's A Beautiful Day - White Bird .... One of the first songs I think of when I think back to discovering fm-radio in the late 60's/early 70's. Only a few stations at the tile but one was playing this.
  • Cat Stevens - But I Might Die Tonight
  • Dan Fogelburg - To the Morning
  • Arlo Guthrie - Lightning Bar Blues .... Bought the album for 'City of New Orleans' but quickly was taken by this song.
  • Cheech & Chong - Let's Make a Dope Deal .... Just a tiny bit of comedy thrown in between the lines. As I recall, first heard at a friends house while hoping not to have to explain our laughter to his parents.
  • Crosby & Nash - Immigration Man .... A little bummed when CSN and CSNY broke up but this proved that any two members of that collective, could also make great music.
  • The Eagles - Train Leaves Here This Morning
  • Pure Prairie League - Amie
  • Rick Roberts - Jenny's Blues
  • War - The Cisco Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...