Sunday, December 13, 2020

Opera ..... Verdi

Verdi - "Requiem"

From, 'Verdi - The Complete Works', a 75 CD box set. 

So whoever thought that I would be listening to opera? ....... and liking it!!!!  But that's what has happened on this cold winter late night!!!

Found a couple of these at the Friends of the Library, used bookstore. Since I was chatting with a Twitter friend just a few days ago about opera, I thought that maybe I should take a chance. And there's more there. Maybe not the entire Decca Records collection shown here but a third of it. All appearing to be incredibly clean and in near mint condition. And now, as I type these words, I've discovered that there's two discs in each package. Another genre now has representation in my collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...