Saturday, December 26, 2020

Maggie Rogers


Maggie Rogers - 'Notes From the Archive: Recordings 2011-2016'

I had never heard of her prior to two weeks ago. I read a few lines of a review, checked out a few seconds of song samples and ordered this. It was more than next day delivery but even next day would have been too long of a wait.

How could I have not have known? I can't know everything but there's no way these songs should have passed by me all these years without notice. 

Starts with an Indie Rock vibe but feels more Singer/Songwriter the deeper you get. Reminds of new discoveries made during late night listening sessions of Oregon Public Broadcasting radio. 

And I love the simplicity and the black of the cover art. All you really need is the basics.  

Highlights after two listens are, 'Wolves', 'Blood Ballet' and 'Does It Feel Slow?' which is a duet with Holden Jaffe (another new name for me), but every song feels incredibly must listen vital.

"I'm not waiting for the wolves to rip my heart out, I'm not waiting for the wolves."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...