Sunday, December 16, 2018

Question .... and Answer(?)

Yesterday, I was asked in the record store if I knew of Steve Forbert ("Yeah, I have all his early records") and if he had any hits? Well I don't know if any of his songs were considered "hits" by the Top-40, AM-radio standards at the time but there were several that you would hear played quite a bit on FM radio in the late 1970's. ..... "Goin' Down to Laurel" from the Alive on Arrival album and "Make It All So Real" and "Romeo's Tune" from Jackrabbit Slim are three songs that immediately come to mind. Great songs!!!

Maybe not "hits" by certainly very memorable!!!

I might be mistaken (I often am) but I seem to recall purchasing Steve Forbert's first record along with Dire Straits first album .... on the same day in 1978!! I must have heard only one song from each record beforehand. That must have been a great day of discovering new sounds and words.

From the song, Make It All So Real ...... "Singer man, do your work, sing your song, make it hurt, sing the tears, sing the pain, make it all so real."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...