Thursday, December 13, 2018

Call Me Lucky

"Call Me Lucky" ..... Not only is it the title of the album but the three words sum up my discovery a few days ago.

One problem with listening to varied types of music over many years is that you end up with a great number of favorites where you sometimes, especially with the demise of print magazines dealing with music, have difficulty keeping track of everything they are currently doing.

Or occasionally you find a few new favorites and in the process of nurturing all this new information and possibly because you are officially a senior citizen by some definitions, you lose focus regarding some of your older favorites ..... for awhile anyway. Like you just can't process new data without temporarily having some older data fall out of your minds storage capacity in order to make space.

I saw that Chris Smither had a new release recently. I ordered it and to my great surprise and pleasure it arrived (from Vermont) in my mailbox just three days later. And then an added surprise ..... it has a bonus disc with six alternate tracks. I almost always love alternate takes and demos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...