Friday, March 24, 2017

Just One More Late Night Radio Playlist ..... Yeah Right!

Really. really late, Thursday night, or if you prefer, really, really early Friday morning OPB Radio playlist. Because that's always been the best hours to listen to the radio. Sometimes you wish that your local record store was open at 3:00am. It's just too bad (and sad) that an aging wannabe hipster person eventually needs to get some sleep ....
  • The Builders and The Butchers - Black Dresses .... A local band!! Heard of them and I have one of their records. (I think).
  • Loch Lomond - Made of Ink
  • Run On Sentence - Run To You .... Ever wonder where new bands get their names? I do. Was there just a instant where they all looked at each other and said: "That's it!!" Heck for all I know this band may have been around for fifteen years.
  • Young Fathers - 27 ..... I was thinking that this was The Shins for the first sixty seconds of the song. Then I glanced at the online playlist.
  • Animal Collective - Derek
  • The Ponys - Deathbed
  • Sufjan Stevens - Come On Feel the Illinoise .... I prefer him with his banjo. There's no detectable banjo on this one.
  • Murder By Death - I Shot An Arrow
  • Asgeir - Unbound .... It's like they set the drum machine and keyboards to make various five to ten second segments of random combinations of notes and sounds and then stirred it all up with a kitchen counter mixer and added the vocals. Different but interesting.
  • Black Joe Lewis and The Honeybears - Sexual Tension

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...