Sunday, March 22, 2015

You Never Know Just What You Might Find

Thumbing through the one dollar vinyl bin at my local record store and I came across this gem from 1967. Cashman, Pistilli and West, "Bound To Happen."

I used to hear a song or two by Cashman and West on 1970's FM radio. And Terry Cashman is known for his song, "Talkin' Baseball." It was a hit in the 1980's and he's written lyrics since that are specific for most of the major league teams.

It's funny the thoughts that come to mind as you listen for the first time to music from decades ago. Upon first listen I hear bits and pieces of The Association, Peter Paul and Mary and Donovan in this recording. For an instant I even thought that I heard a little snippet of 60's British Invasion. Maybe the next listen will bring someone else to mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Midwest Gospel Radio

  Heard tonight for the first time and it's been on repeat since. 'Midwest Gospel Radio' by Yonder Mountain String Band.  A shor...