Sunday, March 15, 2015

Complicated Game

The new one from James McMurtry!!! It took awhile but I finally found it. A journey from Salem to Beaverton, back to Salem and then onward to Corvallis. One hundred thirty or so miles round trip, but worth it. A record store that I'd never visited previously, also being a part of the agenda. I guess I need to acknowledge that my music of preference is becoming a victim of the times. More and more difficult to find in a physical format.

There's typical great McMurtry here. He's incapable of writing a weak song. It's been Twenty Five years since his first album, six years since his last studio album. There's a consistency that I've come to expect and look forward to in his sound. It's present here once again. Maybe a little more use of banjo than usual but that's a good thing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Midwest Gospel Radio

  Heard tonight for the first time and it's been on repeat since. 'Midwest Gospel Radio' by Yonder Mountain String Band.  A shor...