Sunday, October 15, 2023

Finding Tom Rush

A vinyl record that is .....

Found on a short, out-of-town road trip, filling out my 60's to mid 1970's Tom Rush on vinyl collection. The years that produced the best album cover photography. 

From 1964. Folk and Blues, an original or two all sung in that great voice. 

A Tom Rush playlist might include:

  • No Regrets ..... One of his few originals. Certainly, his best. A desert island song choice for me.
  • Joshua Gone Barbados
  • Urge For Going
  • The Circle Game ..... Written by Joni Mitchell. About the path to adulthood.
  • Nine Pound Hammer
  • Claim On Me
  • One Day I Walk ..... The great Bruce Cockburn song.
  • River Song ..... I have this memory of waiting in a car for my mom while listening to this on the radio.
  • Child's Song ..... A song about leaving home and parents. "It's funny how the same old crooked pictures, just don't seem the same to me tonight."
  • These Days ..... The Jackson Browne song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...