Sunday, October 22, 2023

October Jazz

A jazz playlist for a rainy Sunday autumn evening, heavy on ECM Records styles and tones. I've been trending lately in different jazz directions .....
  • Matthew Halsall - Changing Earth .... My appreciation of his music all started with reading an album review a few years ago. 
  • Vijay Iyer - Human Nature
  • Wallace Roney - Why Should There Be Stars .... Funny how attitudes and preferences change over time and for no known reason. I once preferred saxophone. Now I'd much rather hear a trumpet.
  • Wolfgang Muthspiel - Father and Son
  • Ambrose Akinmusire - Moment In Between the Rest
  • Collin Vallon - Cendre
  • David Torn - At Least There Was Nothing
  • Eberhard Weber - Bird Out of Cage / Notes After an Evening ..... There were way too many years where I didn't understand the impact and beauty that an acoustic bass can bring. 
  • Jacob Young - Minor Peace
  • John Abercrombie - Descending Grace ..... Jazz has the most interesting song titles.
  • Gogo Penguin - Raven ..... Atmospheric. Close my eyes and it's like I'm floating above it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...