Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Brothers and Sisters

'Brothers and Sisters' by The Allman Brothers.

From 1973 on beautiful deep black vinyl. 

If you are too young to have been there, this was huge. Powered by the song, 'Ramblin' Man.' It helped define that place and time. College students would stick their speakers in their dorm windows and you'd hear it blasting while walking back and forth between room and classes. I don't know who started that, but my generation sure continued it. (Maybe they still do that?)

Southern-Rock, Blues-Rock, Classic-Rock, 70's Music .... Whatever you want to call it, I've had this record in my possession for half a century and that thought boggles my little mind. Flashbacks and memories of youth rage out-of-control when this is played. In this moment, I feel like I'm 17 again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...