Monday, March 28, 2022

The 80's

Been attempting lately to upgrade or catch up a bit with my records from the 1980's. New Wave, Post Punk, whatever you want to call the decade. Some titles I've picked up:

  • The Fall - This Nation's Saving Grace
  • The The - Soul Mining
  • The Cure - Faith
  • The Fixx - Phantoms
  • Broadcast - Haha Sound .... Well this isn't from the 80's but for some reason, at the time of acquisition, I thought it was.
.... and I'll be looking for more. 

I used to think that the only good things from the 80's were, Peter Gabriel's, 'So' album and U2's, 'Joshua Tree and 'The Unforgettable Fire. 'But there's much more in my collection that I love .... The Police, Big Country, Tears For Fears, China Crisis, General Public, John Mellencamp,  REM, Psychedelic Furs, just to name a few. But it's all those "The" groups where I'm lacking. The search will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...