Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Flashing Back Playlist

 Playlist from days long ago and not to be forgotten .....

  • Robert Palmer - Every Kind of People .... Didn't appreciate it then. Love it now!!
  • Robert Palmer - One Last Look
  • Tower of Power - You Got to Funkifize
  • Eric Burdon & the Animals - San Francisco Nights
  • Tony Joe White - Polk Salad Annie
  • Stevie Wonder - He's Misstra Know It All .... My college roommate was named Steve. Friends referred to him as, "Wonder."
  • Seals & Crofts - Summer Breeze .... The cause of instant bittersweet memories of high school years. Both old friends I still cross paths with occasionally, and the friends made long ago who have passed away since. 
  • The Eagles - Try and Love Again .... They kind of lost me after their, Desperado album. This song was an exception. And yes!! I harmonize along with them when it gets to the chorus.
  • Chicago - Saturday In the Park
It really is true! The 70's had the best music. A different kind of songwriting that fit and defined those years so well. I guess one had to be there. And I was. 
  • Laura Nyro - Stoned Soul Picnic
  • Steely Dan - Doctor Wu .... "You walked in, and my life began again"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...