Tuesday, November 17, 2020

The Glands

The Glands - 'Double Coda'

I know next to nothing about The Glands. Perhaps less than nothing. This was a blind compact disc buy. Stumbled upon three different albums, listened to thirty second (if that) samples of a couple songs and went with my gut feeling. Really had no idea at what I would discover but further hesitation might just mean losing out

The opening song, 'So High,' has a Beatlesesque vibe.

I hear bits and pieces that suggest influences from The Replacements and The Rolling Stones. 

From what I read, this is a collection of unreleased tracks. Great tunes here!! And apparently I still have the released tracks to look forward to. My instincts came through again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...