Sunday, September 1, 2019

Playlist

  • Uncle Tupelo - Sandusky ..... Discovering Son Volt in the mid-90's led me to Uncle Tupelo. Not exactly chronological order. Instrumental tune revolving around a mandolin.
  • Son Volt - Back Into Your World .....My Introduction to Son Volt, who already had a couple albums out at the time. Apparently I'm late to everything. It became my anthem and prayer for awhile.
  • Greg Copeland - Pretty Girl Rules the World ..... Being a fan of Jackson Browne in the 1970's you would eventually read or hear the name, Greg Copeland, one of his early songwriting mentors.
  • Neil Young - Cowgirl In the Sand / Cinnamon Girl
  • Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here ..... The first time I flew, I heard this song the previous evening played live in Borders by a couple of local guys. I was extremely nervous about flying the next morning and thinking this might be my final worldly task. I was also sending a message through the waves, "Wish you were HERE!" I really didn't want to board that plane in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...