Sunday, April 7, 2019

Old Dude's Playlist

The playlist of an unidentified old dude, Though if anyone really needed to know, I might admit to knowing said dude ....
  • Neil Young - Old Man ..... I've reached a point where I need to hear this at least once a week. The song never grows old.
  • Neil Young - Heart of Gold .... See above.
  • Pedro the Lion - Bad Diary Days
  • The Church - Under the Milky Way ..... One of the last vinyl records I bought before the transition to compact discs before the full circle and triumphant return to vinyl.
  • Crosby, Stills & Nash - Helplessly Hoping ..... When I sing along at home I think that I add a needed fourth harmony to their three part perfection. Not sure that CSN would see things quite the same.
  • Steely Dan - FM (No Static At All) ..... Nothing reminds of high school days quite like Steely Dan.
  • Grand Funk Railroad - I'm Your Captain ..... Read a great story about this song. A guy returning home after five years overseas in the army. No money. No advance word to his family that he was on the way and worried that it had been so long that no one would recognize him when he arrived home. He managed to hitch a ride with a guy who was playing this song on the car stereo. When he arrived at home, everyone went wild!!
  • Donovan - Atlantis ..... I have memories of hearing this in the 7th or 8th grade on a tiny record player in Catholic school. Maybe the nuns of those days believed in the existence of Atlantis? 
  • Chicago - 25 or 6 to 4 / Saturday In the Park

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...