Sunday, January 13, 2019

Safe As Milk

A recent (three days ago) vinyl find. A reissue of the original from 1967 yet new sounds to my ears. Psychedelic and Blues Rock. Captain Beefheart was Don Van Vliet.

It boggles my mind to think these sounds were made over half a century ago.

Ry Cooder was a guitar player for Captain Beefheart. But this sounds nothing like modern day Ry Cooder. Nor 1970's Ry Cooder.

I wouldn't say the music sounds "Safe As Milk."

I've developed a liking in the past two or three years for 1960's Psychedelic Rock and I think of these records from that era as being treasured and valuable historical documents. It would be wrong to let any sounds fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...