Friday, January 11, 2019

OPB Music Playlist

Late night, because I'm dead freaking tired but don't want to go to bed yet and would rather listen to the radio playlist as spun by DJ Doug .....
  • The Books featuring Jose Gonzalez - Cello Song *****
  • David Byrne - Good and Evil
  • Eels - Prizefighter
  • Pond - Elegant Design
  • George Harrison - Any Road ..... I've been hopelessly in love for the longest time with the sound of a slide guitar and George's playing has an especially beautiful tone.
  • Lord Huron - Lonesome Dreams
  • U.S. Girls - Velvet 4 Sale
  • Ty Segall - Diversion
  • My Morning Jacket - All the Best
  • Death Songs - Let This Body Go ..... I generally avoid anything with the word, "death" in the title.
  • TV On the Radio - Wolf Like Me
  • Spindrift - The Legend of God's Gun ..... Has a little bit of a 1960's Surf Rock meets Garage Rock with narration sound. I'm thinking this would be a cool addition to the vinyl collection.
  • Aesop Rock and TOBACCO - Corn Maze ..... Hip Hop
  • Here We Go Magic - Hard To Be Close
  • Stevie Wonder - Boogie On Reggae Woman ..... Heard this song dozens of times over the years but never knew its name. 
  • Shuggie Otis - Strawberry Letter 23
Once I start listening I often have issues of separation and abandonment with turning off the music for concepts like getting sleep. The inner voices keep resolving: "Just one more." 
  • Wye Oak - Symmetry
  • Clinic - The Second Line
I fell asleep sitting at my desk with the lights turned down low and missed a few songs. Back now to the mystic fuzzy world of the barely awake aging dude of the late night!!
  • Richard Swift - Lady Luck
  • Daniel Lanois - Where Will I Be? ***** ..... (A sudden visit to Amazon to order the album.)
  • Paul Simon - I Know What I Know
  • Floating Action - Dying Punch ..... Reminding of David Lindley and Wally Ingram recordings.
  • Desaparecidos - City on the Hill
  • Yeasayer - I Remember

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...