Sunday, December 10, 2017

Dylan's Slow Train

Going back to my vinyl record collecting roots. This record has a long reserved spot on my list of twenty desert island discs. I recall his appearance on Saturday Night Live when he performed three songs from this record. I had that recording on Beta video tape for many years. I'm assuming that eventually the tape broke. That must have been a traumatic event in my life at that moment.

The one line of lyric that I always remember: "Sister let me tell you, about a vision that I saw ....."

If more Gospel music sounded like this, I would have been a fan. Then there's the sound of Mark Knopfler's guitar and the great use of horns!!

For any fans of this album who may not be up to date .... Dylan just released the latest in his Bootleg Series. Live recordings, rehearsels, demos, etc., partly centered around this record.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...