Sunday, November 29, 2015

Rock Me On The Water


My unquestioned favorite in the 1970's, 80's and into the 90's was Jackson Browne. This goes back to the very beginning. I've always been proud to say that I discovered his music with his first records. Doctor My Eyes was the first song to receive exposure but Rock Me On the Water was right behind. I often tend to think of it as the first song. To my ears, the songs were completely different from anything that I'd heard before. Years later, I felt the same comparing them with anything that came after as well. As corny as it sounds, the songs and what followed from Jackson Browne, spoke to what I was feeling inside when it came to life, friends, relationships, etc. His first six albums are all classics in my mind. Each song played so often, that if one were to play over the radio today, no lyric sheet is needed. You can't know my history and of my past without hearing these songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...