Friday, November 6, 2015

Listening To Bob!!

Can't believe that I've done it but I've opened my wallet for the six disc, deluxe edition. I'm justifying it as an early 60th birthday present. Fascinating sounds for me!! Plus extensive liner and song notes and a 120 page hardcover book with rare photographs. It'll take a few days or weeks to get through it all.

After seeing this 12th Volume in the Bootleg series, you wonder if there's anything left in the Bob Dylan catalogue/vaults to release? It's amazing the amount of time that went into all the various takes on the songs on his records and how they evolved from beginning of the process to what made it to the records and how Dylan is willing to share it all, all these years later. I find even the short false starts to be fascinating.

If I had been approaching my 70th birthday, I might have sprung for the 18 disc, Collectors Edition for $600. Reportedly includes every note he recorded for these sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...