Sunday, June 21, 2015

Vinyl Finds (Continued)

They told me in the record store that they had just put this out the same day that I found it. Good thing that I came along when I did. It might not have been there later that day.

I may have told this story here previously. I first heard Otis Redding on 1960's, AM-radio and his song: "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay." The radio DJ would say by the "Late Great Otis Redding." Being only ten or eleven years old at the time, I certainly understood that he just might be "great" but initially had no idea what the word "late" used in that way meant.

The song that was my introduction to his talent, while not on this record, is still a favorite to this day and can still often be heard being played on the radio. His voice is among the greatest ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...