Monday, December 1, 2014

Something Fine


Every one seems to have that one musician who was their favorite during their high school and college years. I grew up listening to Jackson Browne's music. His songs a fixture in my world since 1972. "Something Fine" is from his debut album. I mentioned his lyrics once in a paper I wrote for a college Literature class and the instructor returned a note raving about the imagery in his words. Apparently she was a huge fan also.

His records from the 1970's are all classics as far as I'm concerned. He's continued recording and just released a new record a couple months ago but it's the music from the 1970's through 1996 that I always return to.

My Jackson Browne top-ten songs list for this moment in time (Subject to daily changes and complete overhaul) ......
  • The Barricades of Heaven
  • Walking Slow .... Memories of walking along the sidewalk at Oregon State University and this song blaring from a dorm window.
  • For a Dancer
  • Rock Me On the Water .... The one that started it all. Or was it Doctor My Eyes?
  • Linda Paloma .... Took me 20-30 years to appreciate. 
  • These Days .... Written when he was sixteen years old!! To this day, I enjoy it a little more with each listen.
  • Running On Empty
  • Call It a Loan
  • The Road and the Sky
  • Something Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...