Monday, April 22, 2024

Angry Red Planet

I've been attempting to populate and grow a punk rock collection. This makes number three in the collection, all on vinyl .... unless you consider The Ramones as punk (I don't). And maybe this is closer to post-punk or garage rock? 

'Give 'Em Enough Dope' by Angry Red Planet. From 1989. A decade after what I've always thought were the Punk Years.

One side was recorded in studio and the other side is live.

I don't pretend to be knowledgeable on the history of punk rock. Since I don't know much, I tend to look for interesting cover art and obscure bands that I've never heard of. A certain mood is required to sit still and listen. I just sit quietly without judging, taking in the sounds and the energy. 

Found on Record Store Day 2024. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...