Saturday, February 24, 2024

Sleepy Playlist

Saturday evening playlist. Feeling pretty sleepy here so it could be a short one ..... 
  • Yo La Tengo - Aselestine ..... Watch the animated video. Had me rethinking decisions and possibilities. And moving toward the sun .... Don't ask me what that means. 😕 
  • Slowdive - Shanty ..... Labeled a shoegaze band which likely prevented me from discovering them prior to three or four days ago. 
  • Ultravox - Dancing With Tears In My Eyes
  • The War on Drugs - I Don't Live Here Anymore
  • Bob Schneider - Metal and Steel ..... I've been searching among the random shoe boxes in the closet for a specific cassette of a radio show recorded long ago. I know the tape brand and type, a Maxell II .... so I found a loose tape, inserted it into the cassette player, pressed 'play' and this song started playing. 
What I found: A mix tape made decades ago. I don't recall if it was meant for somebody. 
  • Pete Yorn - Strange Condition ..... The next song on the tape. Followed by .....
  • David Gray - Babylon 
That was it. Three songs. Eighty minutes remaining of blank tape. Did I get shut down? Did I run out of ideas on the theme? It's a mystery all these years later.

And I'm still searching for the tape I was looking for. Hot takes from Jim Rome's sports talk radio program. I have the empty cassette case. Some 🤣 stuff there at deserving topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...