Thursday, December 7, 2023

Looking For You Playlist

Playlist for you, wherever you may be. Various genres from varying years. Hope it's something that you'd enjoy .....

  • The Youngbloods - Quicksand .... I was watching a vinyl community video where this song was used. It's from 1969. I don't recall ever hearing it previously. Difficult to believe that to be true. I must have heard it on fm-radio at some point in the 70's. And, though I assumed otherwise, it turns out that I have the album.
  • Peter Gabriel - i/o .... On first listen, my favorite tune from his just released album.
  • Okonski - Paradiso .... Heard at noon on the Portland jazz radio station to kick off an hour of new sounds.
  • Son Volt - Back Into Your World
  • Tom Waits - Lie To Me
  • Stills-Young Band - Midnight on the Bay .... As in Stephen and Neil. One of Neil Young's prettiest songs.
  • Greg Brown - Who Woulda Thunk It
  • Twin Bandit & Joshua Hyslop - Stolen Dance .... Saw it posted on twitter tonight. Hearing it (and them) for the first time.
  • The Delfonics - La La Means I Love You .... An oldie from my youth. The 1960's. Listening to the top-40 hits on the radio. Fifty-five years ago sometimes seems like yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...