Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Mortality Blues Playlist

Since it's on my mind lately, a playlist for when/if I retire. Not that I've made a decision or anything, but with each day, I do recognize my mortality and that I can't go on forever. ..... I can't, right? I mean maybe I can? Maybe I can be the first to break the mortality barrier? So anyway .....

  • Keith Jarrett - Koln Concert .... There are no song titles so how about the entire double album? I'm fine with that idea.
  • Radiohead - Daydreaming
  • Red House Painters - Have You Forgotten ..... A question I've been wanting to ask a certain someone in my world. 
  • Sun Kil Moon - Carry Me, Ohio
  • Fred Eaglesmith - Rebecca Street
  • Allan Wachs - Adventures of the Invisible Dog
Maybe it's noticeable? (Thought with a snicker) There's no common theme, genre or style here. My mind is in its default mode of total illogical randomness. Not a rarity here.
  • Libera Me - From the soundtrack for the movie, 'Black Robe.' 
  • Johnny Mandel - The Shadow of Your Smile .... from the movie, 'The Sandpiper.' 
My playlists are generally what pops up in the progression of songs listened to in a day or evening. Mostly influenced by YouTube selections that arise on the home page or by browsing through names and titles in my Collectorz application. There's little deep thinking, reflection or science involved.
  • GoGo Penguin - Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...