Wednesday, June 8, 2022

For Everyman

'For Everyman' from Jackson Browne. 

From 1973 on Asylum Records and on the original vinyl.

I've been listening to this album since I was a teenager. I was seventeen years old when it came out and I'm relatively sure that I bought it on the day of release. I followed Jackson Browne's career closely from his debut in 1972 through the mid-90's. My first act upon becoming connected to the internet was to seek out JB bootlegs. I just wanted to hear more. His music was my goto choice for many years.  

This record has his recording of the song he wrote, with a little help from Glen Frey and that The Eagles made famous, 'Take It Easy.' I may be in the minority, but I prefer this version. It also has his song, 'These Days,' which has been covered by several people over the years, including Gregg Allman. 

A fantastic record that still resonates in my thoughts and memories nearly fifty years later .... I Thought I Was a Child; These Days; Ready or Not; Sing My Songs To Me; For Everyman; Colors of the Sun .... and the lyrics became part of me.

A sidenote .... That initial search for bootleg recordings resulted in connecting with a lady who sent a box containing thirty-two cassettes my way. That was a great day to walk to the mailbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...