Sunday, February 7, 2021

The Danger of Alina Simone

Alina Simone - 'Make Your Own Danger'

Found a new method to discover new music!! .... The need for an updated prescription of one's vision. I saw an album cover that looked interesting. I thought it said Alina Simone, which I entered in a online search.. I listened to a few short samples and ordered two albums. The first to arrive at my front door was the record that I originally spotted ..... It was Nina Simone!! I've heard of Nina Simone but don't know her music. It was followed two or three days later by the Alina Simone record. 

Never mind that the two album covers appeared to be from greatly different time periods, 1959 and 2011, and are of vastly different styles. I was under the impression that I was acquiring two Alina Simones and instead received Nina and Alina!! Glad it all worked out!! Sometimes there's benefits and rewards in poor vision.

Make Your Own Danger Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...