Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Afternoon OPB Playlist

A rare early afternoon session with OPB Music. Usually reserved for late nights.

Sudden sad news yesterday that my local record store is closing. No indication beforehand that it was being considered, even as I spoke to one of the owners the day before about sisters (mine) and fathers (hers). It says '#retirement' on the store's facebook page but I can't help but wonder if the sight of too many people in the store with limited floor space during this covid crap has something to do with it? I know that it caused me to feel uncomfortable and exit much sooner than I usually would have. I actually wondered at the time if they were feeling uncomfortable as well? If they saw closing the store as the only option for staying safe and healthy?
  • The Strokes - The Adults Are Talking
  • The Beths - Dying to Believe
  • Post Animal - Special Moment
  • The Cure - Lovesong ..... A classic from the 1980's.
  • Leon Bridges - Sweeter
  • The Velvet Underground - Femme Fatale
  • Elbow - White Noise White Heat ..... I hear something in this that reminds me of Peter Gabriel.
  • Andrew Bird - A Nervous Tic Motion of the Head to the Left
  • Margaret Glaspy - Devotion
  • Pinegrove - Phase
  • Doves - Winter Hill *****
  • Mondo Cozmo -  Upside Down
  • Soccer Mommy - Lucy
  • Christian Lee Hutson - Get the Old Band Back Together ..... First time I've ever heard the words in song: "You know I can still kick all your asses."
  • The Airborne Toxic Event - Hollywood Park

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...