Monday, July 15, 2019

Streaming OPB

Playlist: OPB Radio Stream …. For a Sunday evening.
  •  Local Natives - Sun Hands
  • tUnE-yArDs - My Country
  • Black Lips - Starting Over ….. Sounds to me like The Byrds meets The Rolling Stones meets The Replacements meets The Cure
  • Better Oblivion Community Center - Dylan Thomas
  • Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Let The Day Begin
  • Frightened Rabbit - Good Arms vs. Bad Arms ***** - Sounds a bit like The Avett Brothers to my ears.
  • Sea Wolf - I Made a Resolution
  • Shadowgraphs - Another Time
  • Bright Eyes - Road to Joy ….. I'm sure these guys are talented musicians with a huge following but they're just not a group I can appreciate.
  • The Tallest Man On Earth - Weather of a Killing Kind
Do you ever wonder how music would have evolved if todays voices had been on the scene in the 1960's and The Beatles, Rolling Stones, etc., came along today?

If The Beatles came along in 2019, would I most likely not listen to them because I am from three or four generations earlier. Would they breakout and would the same songs become hits?
  • Blossom - Career Suicide
  • Pavement - Major Leagues *****
  • The Afghan Whigs - 66 *****
  • Adia Victoria - Different Kind of Love
  • Snail Mail - Heat Waves *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...