Sunday, June 30, 2019

Discovering Gold

OPB Music overnight streaming ….. turning me on to new sounds and causing sudden trips to the record store. This is from three evenings ago.
  • Craig Finn - When No One's Watching
  • Geographer - I'm Ready
  • Wye Oak - Before
  • Beirut - Gallipoli ***** …… I'm obsessed with the trumpets on this. I'd heard it once or twice before but it was this listen that opened my ears to the beauty of the trumpets.
  • Dan Black featuring Kid Codi - Symphonies ***** …..  Leading to a download.
  • Other Lives - Take Us Alive
  • Nilufer Yanya - Paralyzed
  • Boreen - Lovely
  • Aan - Cause and Effect
  • Dinosaur Jr. - Watch the Corners ***** ….. Research, followup research and two trips to the record store. Good amount of music to discover under this name or the band's frontman, J Mascis. .
  • Babehoven - Lena
  • Pavement - Stereo
And a few from the current early morning listening session …..
  • Damien Jurado - Allocate ..... Been following his music for the past ten years. Loving the violins used. 
  • Generationals - When They Fight, They Fight ***** ..... Has a 60's era feel to it.
  • Booker T. Jones featuring Sharon Jones and Matt Berninger - Representing Memphis *****
  • Dirty Projectors - Cannibal Resource
  • The National - Apartment Story *****
  • Emma Ruth Rundle - Fever Dreams *****
  • Blind Pilot - Keep You Right *****
  • Jonathan Something - For All My Life ..... "I brought my donkey to a horses show" I'm not saying he sounds like George Harrison but that's who came to mind as I listened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...