Monday, May 27, 2019

John Doe

John Doe - 'A Year In the Wilderness. 

One of those recordings I found at the Friends Store in the public library. A $2.00 price tag so I took a chance.

The thing is, I should have known John Doe's music. Another huge gap in my collection (and knowledge).

Aimee Mann and Kathleen Edwards contribute voices on it.

I had it in the CD player and it started playing. After a few minutes, I was like: "Who is this?" By the time the tenth song started I had to open up the player and discover its identity. I must have begun listening once before without an impression being formed ..... Sometimes it just needs to be the right place and time before greatness is discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...