Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Uncle Tupelo

Uncle Tupelo's last show. May 1, 1994 in St Louis. Out of the bands breakup, Son Volt and Wilco were formed. I'm extremely partial to the Jay Farrar / Son Volt sound.

This is a bootleg recording with decent audio quality that I cane across five years ago in a thrift store. You just never know where treasure is waiting to be found.

Alternative Country or Americana, whichever you prefer..

Sad to say that I didn't know of Uncle Tupelo until after I discovered Son Volt when they played a song or two on an MSNBC news magazine television program. The song "Back Into Your World" is what grabbed my attention that day. A little research led me to Uncle Tupelo. Or maybe it was the record store owner, who was a huge fan mentioning the previous existence as Uncle Tupelo? Whatever it was, I did eventually stumble my way into this great music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...