Wednesday, February 13, 2019

The Balancing Act

Digging further into the most remote regions of my vinyl record collection. From 1987. One of those records that failed to give a positive impression on the first listen thirty-two years ago, then ended up filed away, buried and never heard again ...... UNTIL TONIGHT!!! I had high hopes and I love it!! Like I've expressed before, sometimes it just takes a different perspective, a different time, from a different angle and with different, more evolved, open and appreciative ears.

Acoustic based, six song EP. A little quirky in one or two spots but in a good way. Peter Case's involvement as producer makes perfect sense. If assigning a genre is required, maybe Folk-Rock. Definitely will be surviving the current personal record collection purge taking place.

I've no recollection of what led me to this record in 1987. Maybe I was simply drawn to the cover art and a less expensive price tag for an EP?

What's next? Research to discover if the band has additional recordings.

All Music Guide Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...