Thursday, July 5, 2018

Jazz Playlist

Heard in between making the rounds at work. From the Portland Jazz radio station, KMHD-fm's, overnight stream of sounds. New Jazz, Soul leanings, occasional Latin influences .....

  • Christian Scott - Of A New Cool *****
  • Abdullah Ibrahim - Did You Hear That Sound
  • Fiction Trio - My Name Is *****
  • Tribe - Livin' In A New Day
  • Jukka Eskola - Martha's New Moment
  • Ocote Soul Sounds - Primavera
  • Blundetto - Final Goodbye *****
  • Sure Fire Soul Ensemble - Balboa Park
  • DJ Cam Quartet - Raise Up *****
  • Joe Cuba Sextet - Do You Feel It
  • Roy Ayers - Red, Black and Green
  • Donald Byrd - Places and Spaces
  • Gary Bartz - Music Is My Sanctuary
  • Menahan Street Band - Going The Distance
Several names I've never heard of previously. With Jazz especially, I'm very guilty of just paying attention to recordings from half a century ago. I don't know much (or anything actually) about the directions it's gone in the current century. So there's a huge learning curve involved. The selections marked with ***** are songs that I found particular interest in. Worthy of additional listening and research. Not that the others don't belong in that category. But I can't check out everything .... Or can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...