Saturday, July 1, 2017

The Sadies - Northern Passages

The Sadies are a "Indie Rock" band from Canada. Their tenth record but I'm just now discovering their sounds. My current album of the year for 2017.

It feels like there's something from a forgotten past life lurking somewhere in the background on several of these songs. Then followed by a more traditional rocker.

I hadn't listened since my initial experience when it came out in February. The disc has been loaded on my cd player since then and suddenly started playing today .... with each song I was asking myself, "What the hell is this?" I had to eject the disc to learn the answer. Sometimes the sudden spontaneous accidental second listen, six months after the first, is the one that reveals the most. You have no expectations and the sounds just strike you more clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...