Friday, March 25, 2016

1960's AM Radio Hits Playlist

Very little causes a sense of aching (as in something I miss badly) nostalgia for me like memories of times spent listening to AM-radio hits from the later half of the 1960's. A time when radio was king!! Memories of anxiously waiting by your radio because you knew that one of your favorite songs would be playing soon. Just when I was reaching the age where I began to notice that there was more to the world around me besides sports ..... like music. Oh and girls also.
  • The Turtles - You Showed Me
  • The Troggs - Love Is All Around
  • Small Faces - Itchycoo Park
  • The Delfonics - La La Means I Love You
  • The Foundations - Baby Now That I've Found You
  • Gary Puckett and The Union Gap - Young Girl
  • Eric Burdon and The Animals - San Francisco Nights
  • The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
  • The Guess Who - These Eyes
  • The Box Tops - Cry Like a Baby
  • Manfred Mann - The Mighty Quinn
  • The Seekers - Georgy Girl
I've likely noted most of these songs here previously but they deserve repeated listenings. From a genuinely unique time in music. Makes me wish that at least a few people still wrote music like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...