Saturday, January 16, 2016

Playlist

  • Poco - Faith In The Families .... I keep coming back to this one lately. It's like I just have to hear it a couple of times a week.
  • Steely Dan - Jack of Speed
  • Donald Fagan - I.G.Y. (What A Beautiful World) ..... I recall hearing this early one Sunday morning many years ago. Felt perfect for that moment. That's when it grabbed me. I love the horns.
  • Johnny Mandel - The Shadow of Your Smile ..... From the soundtrack for the 1965 movie, The Sandpiper. One of those movies that I first saw most likely late one Saturday night. Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. California beach feel. An artist community. Sad and lonely feel. Defining a time and place. Also listened to a Frank Sinatra version. 
  • Arlo Guthrie - The Motorcycle Song (The Significance of the Pickle) .... Arlo telling a story.
  • John Coltrane Quartet - Central Park West ..... A classic mid-1960's Coltrane ballad. I love how it fades out.
  • Tallis Scholars - Allegri: Miserere .... It's the blend of voices!! I could sit in one place for hours just listening, taking it all in.
  • David Lindley and Wally Ingram - Cat Food Sandwiches ..... Saw Lindley play this in concert in Portland a few years ago. At Mississippi Studios. The highlight of the evening!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...